Saturday, September 23, 2006

Emergency Rooming it on a Saturday Afternoon
So I take people to the hospital alot as part of my responsibilities for work, and today was one of those instances. Two guys collided during an intramural flag football game, knocking heads and leaving one with a definite concussion and bloody lip, and the other feeling woozy. I took the latter to the emergency room, where we spent the next four hours before getting the all-clear. It was not a waste of time by any means, and I was happy to be there with him. Several milestones occurred:

1 - I have now visited the emergency rooms of all of the major hospitals in the Chattanooga area, either as a chaffeur or patient.

2 - I literally came down with a cold after spending four hours in the freezing waiting room.


3 - I struck up a successful conversation with a fellow person in the waiting room. Well, kind of. I'm not actually really sure of anything that he said, but I think it had to do with getting "bit by a #%*$*^! pit bull" who "wanted some dark meat, if you know what I'm saying." He said something about someone (or something) getting shook up, but I'm not sure if he meant the dog shook his hand about or he shook the dog up in response. I'm also not sure if he really understood that I wasn't the guy who had the headache, but that it was my friend: as we left, he told me that he hoped I felt better soon.

I waved goodbye and told him that I hoped he didn't have rabies. He laughed and said that "the $*%&@!& dog is the one who should be concerned, you know what I'm saying?" I didn't, but I said I did.

1 Comments:

Blogger lindsay we said...

what does $%&@& mean? huh.

2:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home